BONNE ANNÉE 2020 À TOUS!
Today, January 6th, the French celebrate the epiphany. As part of traditional celebrations, many people eat the ‘galette des Rois’. Please watch the short video clip (in French) and read the article in English below to learn more about how the tradition started and how it has changed over the years.
- Alice Ayel tells the story of how the tradition began as she explains the Christian story of the three kings’ arrival in Bethlehem. This is good practice with the past tense 🙂
- Study the basic clothing vocabulary on p 16
- At the bottom of the page, make a list of 4 or 5 other clothing words (in English) that you would like to know
- Using the chart on p 17 that you practised in class, write 5 sentences. Make sure that you use a word or phrase from each column in each sentence.
Here are the videos for your interpretive work today:
- Don’t forget to write your sentences on p 19!