Friday, Nov 25, 2022

FR 9  Bloc 2

Français 9 Team 

The Language Gym

TO BE READY FOR NEXT WEEK

• Review basic vocabulary used in class & the Napoléon stories 1-4
  • Make sure you have completed your practice in class & have 12 questions to ask a partner about family & pets

*** Interpretive listening assessment on Napoléon stories 1 – 4 is scheduled for Monday

FR 10  Bloc 3

Français 10 Team

The Language Gym

TO BE READY FOR NEXT WEEK

• Study food vocabulary & describing words when talking about food (Sentence Builder on p 34 + others)
  • Make sure your class practice is complete on p 35-38

FR 10  Bloc 4

Français 10 Team

The Language Gym

TO BE READY FOR NEXT WEEK

FR 11  Bloc 5

Français 11 Team

The Language Gym

TO BE READY FOR NEXT WEEK

• Conversations about trips you have planned are scheduled for Monday & Tuesday

Make sure that you are prepared with

• a variety of screenshots to help you describe & explain the details of your trip 
  • a piece of paper with info about your itinerary (in English) & details of your plans. No text on your images/phone, please.

Be strategic!

• Think about ways that you can incorporate a variety of vocabulary & language structures 
    • One way to do this is to include them in the questions you ask. For example, “Are you staying in a hotel, a Bed & Breakfast, a cabin … ?” Or, in your reactions & connections such as, “I wouldn’t want to travel around by bike because there are a lot of hills and mountains in the area.” 
    • Think about phrases or expressions you can use to include some conditional & subjunctive. For example, “If I had more time, I would …”  
    • Though you are talking about a future trip, you can sneak in some past tense by referring to a past vacation. For example, “I have never done ____, so I am excited to be able to do it on this trip. “

Remember!

• This is not a presentation. You and a friend are talking about the trips you have planned. It is a conversation. Some conversations will feel more natural and “flow” better than others. You will keep the conversation going with questions, answers, follow up, reactions, and connections. Bring your enthusiasm 🙂