Bonjour les amis!
For this afternoon’s work, you need the following:
- a quiet space or earbuds (because you will be listening to audio)
- your Unit 1 package
- a pencil or pen to take notes
Please work through the activities in the order they are presented here:
1. Let’s start with reviewing the pronunciation of the alphabet in French. Turn to page 6 of your unit, listen to the audio, and repeat after me
2. Next, turn to page 10 and practise reading, recognizing and saying the numbers 1 -10
3. Now, turn to page 14 to practise typical ways to greet & say goodbye to people in French. Be prepared to take notes in English while you listen.
4.Turn to page 4: Ohé! Ohé! La francophonie! Listen to this audio while you follow along with the lyrics on the page. Note the meaning of the words “francophone” & “francophonie”
5. Click on this digital version of page 5 of your unit Où parle-t-on français dans le monde
* Click on the links and follow the instructions on the screen AND on your paper copy
6. Go to the top of this blog post & click on French 9 Team. Once in Teams, go to the Questions Pour Madame channel & post a greeting to Madame or to your classmates. This will show me that you all know how to access our class Team & post a question when needed.
- Example : Bonjour Madame. Comment ça va? OR Bonjour les amis.
I will be available through Teams this afternoon between 2:30 – 3:00 to answer any questions you may have.
Be sure to complete all work today. I will be looking for evidence of learning when we see each other again 🙂 À bientôt!
To continue your practice with talking about things that happened in the past, please
- complete activities 3, 4, 5 & 6 on pages 24/25
- consider writing out some of the answers to the oral questions on p 26 for some extra practice
- review the correct form (using être & avoir) on page 22. If you haven’t memorized this yet, spend some time here!