In French 9, it is expected that you will spend between 10 – 20 minutes each day reviewing new vocabulary and language structures. Some options for tonight:
- Review what we covered in class today
- alphabet and combined letter sounds
- numbers 1 – 20 and by 10s to 100
- days of the week & how to ask the date
- Continue to practise asking “What is your name?” “How old are you?” and “What do you like/not like?”
- Practise answering those same questions using the sheet you prepared last week
- Teach someone in your household how to do what you have learned so far! Research shows that we remember more when we explain it and help someone else to learn it 🙂
À demain les amis! Bonne soirée 🙂
Bon travail aujourd’hui, les amis!
- Reflect on your partner conversations today. What was the greatest challenge for you? Where could you continue to stretch your skills and language? What strategies could you try using to help future partners?
- Review the criteria for these first conversations and try to add something new to your conversations tomorrow… a few more details, more connections in sentences (ex. J’aime le soccer PARCE QUE….), more follow up questions, more describing words for who you are