- Write five questions to ask a partner about Pierre fait du shopping
- Watch the video and work through the 8 activities for Ça me plaît https://apprendre.tv5monde.com/fr/exercices/a1-debutant/ca-vous-plait?exercice=2
- Work through the structures on your handout
- Be prepared to share your answers in class tomorrow
- Finish reading Chapter 9, but leave questions for tomorrow in class
- As discussed in class today, Le Petit Prince exposes us to a complex variety of tenses. The story is told by the narrator in the past tense (using the literary passé simple instead of passé composé) and often tells the little prince’s story from before they met.
- To tell about something that happened even earlier than the past timeline of the story, we need to use the Plus-que-parfait. You can read about how to use it here https://www.thoughtco.com/french-past-perfect-1368900
- You can practise using it in sentences at the following site. Choose ‘college’ under ‘exercices’ for an appropriate level https://la-conjugaison.nouvelobs.com/regles/conjugaison/plus-que-parfait-de-l-indicatif-36.php